Gentle Yoga – Mat Class
Thursdays 4:30-6:00pm Eastern Time
If you do not see the blue buttons to Join Live on Zoom and Facebook, it means you need to log back in or register – please scroll down.
Registration is free.
Gentle Yogis enjoy:
- Free access to a vibrant & active online yoga community
- Unlimited daily and weekly community-supported online gentle yoga and breath classes
- Optional live online sharing sessions after each class
- Community sharing and inspiration in “Yay! The Blog”
Soothe Your Soul
Find peace and power in subtle and slow
For all levels, beginners welcome.
This is a 90-minute gentle yoga class that starts with accessible joint warm-ups, an invigorating breath practice, and an innovative sequence of gentle movements and poses for increasing strength and improving flexibility with a simple focus on alignment precision. Class typically includes a bit of practice to improve balance, moves to loosen hips and spine, a restorative pose and guided deep relaxation. The class closes with a balancing breath practice and meditation, for which you may either stay on the mat or move to a chair.
Enjoy the benefits of regular gentle yoga practice:
- Discover optimal alignment
- Strengthen legs and back
- Relieve stiff joints
- Increase spinal flexibility
- Loosen hips, neck and shoulders
- Loosen breathing muscles
- Increase lung capacity
- Relax and rejuvenate the body
- Increase pain-free range of motion
- Integrate emotions
- Bring a calm stillness to the mind