Live Online Classes with Joyce
The MELT Method®
Mondays 6:30-7:30pm EST Live on Zoom
Wednesdays 5-6pm EST Live on Zoom
Treat Yourself, Feel Better
Learn Hands-Off Bodywork®
MELT is an easy-to-learn method for treating your body and calming your nervous system. It offers improved alignment and an increased sense of well-being — felt in the very first class.
The MELT approach to self-care has been found to help practitioners:
- Fall asleep more easily and sleep more soundly
- Have more energy during the day
- Improve posture
- Reduce stress and tension
- Improve balance and mind-body communication
MELT also improves flexibility, as it restores the elastic qualities of the connective tissue (also known as fascia) that surrounds and invests all muscle tissue, and provides support for the joints. The MELT Method was created by Sue Hitzmann, drawing on cutting-edge, neurofascial science and proven manual therapy practices. This groundbreaking self-treatment program utilizes Hands-off Bodywork techniques to support the health, fitness, and quality of life of any person, at any age or activity level. Through a series of easy, precise techniques—using simple, specialized equipment like soft body rollers* and small balls*—this groundbreaking program quickly rehydrates connective tissue, making it more supportive, allowing the body to release long-held tension caused by daily living that contributes to chronic pain symptoms. MELT also helps decrease accumulated stress in the nervous system improving overall wellness. It’s like getting all the benefits of a great massage, but you can treat yourself in your own home and it takes only minutes a day. *The MELT soft body roller is very different from a firm roller. In MELT, the objective is to reduce and eliminate pain, yet the practice of MELT is not painful when practiced with the right equipment.
About weekly MELT Classes:
- Classes are paced so that those who are new can learn, but those with experience will be satisfied by a full class experience.
- Classes are not a series– you can drop in as you are available.
- If you attend regularly, even just once a week, you will eventually experience the whole foundational curriculum and be able to practice on your own.
- Practicing what you learn in class for 10 minutes 3 times a week will allow you to accumulate the benefits of increased hydration for mobility and stability.