Live Online Classes with Joyce
The MELT Method®
Treat Yourself, Feel Better
Learn Hands-Off Bodywork®
MELT Restore: Mondays 5:00-6:00pm Eastern
MELT Strength: Wednesdays 3:00-4:00pm
Joyce sends email on Sunday mornings with info about the upcoming week’s classes and occasional announcements about schedule changes or other options to learn MELT.
Sue Hitzmann, MELT creator, introduces this unique self-care method.
MELT is gentle self-care method for treating your body and calming your nervous system. It offers improved alignment and an increased sense of well-being — felt in the very first class. For many, MELT has been a key factor in reducing or even eliminating chronic pain.
The MELT approach to self-care has been found to help practitioners:
- Fall asleep more easily and sleep more soundly
- Have more energy during the day
- Improve posture
- Reduce stress and tension
- Improve balance and mind-body communication
- Prevent or reduce or even eliminate chronic pain
MELT also improves flexibility, as it restores the “elastic” qualities of the connective tissue (also known as fascia) that surrounds and invests all muscle tissue, and provides support for the joints.
The MELT Method was created by Sue Hitzmann, drawing on cutting-edge, neurofascial science and proven manual therapy practices. This groundbreaking self-treatment program utilizes Hands-off Bodywork techniques to support the health, fitness, and quality of life of any person, at any age or activity level.
Through a series of precise techniques—using specialized equipment like soft body rollers* and small balls—this groundbreaking program quickly rehydrates connective tissue, making it more supportive, allowing the body to release long-held tension caused by daily living that contributes to chronic pain symptoms.
MELT also helps decrease accumulated stress in the nervous system improving overall wellness. It’s like getting all the benefits of a great massage, but you can treat yourself in your own home and it takes only minutes a day.
*The MELT soft body roller is very different from a firm roller. In MELT, the objective is to reduce and eliminate pain, yet the practice of MELT is not painful when practiced with the right equipment.
About weekly MELT Classes with Joyce:
- MELT Restore classes are paced so that those who are new can learn, but those with experience will be satisfied by a full class experience. These classes utilize the large soft ball from the MELT Hand and Foot Therapy Ball Kit and the MELT Soft Foam Roller.
- MELT Strength classes are best for those who have some experience with MELT so that the tissue is ready for these more advanced moves. These classes require the MELT Soft Foam Roller and the MELT Light Resistance Band.
- Classes are not a series– you can drop in as you are available.
- If you attend regularly, even just once a week, you will eventually experience the whole foundational curriculum and be able to practice confidently on your own.
- Practicing what you learn in class for 10-15 minutes 3 times a week will allow you to accumulate the benefits and help the changes you experience last longer.