Dynamic Gentle Yoga™ Teacher Training
Learn to Lead Accessible, Inclusive and Empowering Gentle Yoga
Learn the subtleties, science and skills needed to teach the fastest growing segment of yoga practitioners (students, 50 years old and up) as well as the legions of those suffering from depression, anxiety, trauma and those with low flexibility.
This online livestream Certification Training will set you apart as a dedicated specialist with advanced training in the methods that will meet the needs and expectations of students looking for a slow, kind, and clearly-instructed practice. Completion of this training qualifies you for 75 Yoga Alliance Continuing Education hours.
The Dynamic Gentle Yoga Teacher Certification (DGYTC) is taught by Rudy Peirce, Master Yoga Teacher Trainer and Legacy Faculty member of The Kripalu School of Yoga, 1,000-hour Certification. Rudy has over three decades of experience leading Gentle Yoga classes and training teachers.
This live online training is comprised of 4 weekend modules over three months, totaling 75 hours:
Accessible, Inclusive, Empowering
September 30-October 3
Meditation in Motion
Confidence, Clarity, and Precision
*All session are taught live on Zoom. Sessions will be video recorded for your reference during the training and 30 days beyond.
Schedule for each weekend:
In this Certification Program, you will learn to:
- Make your class work for just about anybody, regardless of challenges with balance, strength or flexibility while maintaining a meditative quality in the class
- Create a deliciously slow pace while still making the class riveting
- Design a class with only the postures that are safe and most beneficial in a Gentle Yoga class
- Respond to the variety of conditions your students may have
- Teach students how to meet their own body where it is and avoid going too far by exploring subtleties and creating modifications
- Refine your use of encouraging & empowering language and increase your knowledge of alignment
Support Following Certification
After your program concludes, you have options:
- Monthly Zoom sessions with Rudy:
- To connect with other DGY teachers
- Ask questions, problem-solve and share ideas
- An option to practice teaching in an accepting supportive environment, and more.
- Continued access to the Training Resources page only for DGY certified teachers including links to recordings of the live online sessions that you can review in your own time
How to Teach on ZoomGentle Yogis manager and self-taught techie, Joyce, will offer two live 90-minute sessions about how to teach on Zoom, with live on-screen demos. Zoom Basics:
- How to open a Zoom account
- How to schedule classes in your Zoom account
- What Zoom settings are important for safety and privacy for your students
- Which Zoom controls you need to know about to run the class smoothly and securely
- Options for microphones
- A great webcam alternative if you have a smartphone
- Break-out rooms
- Discussion on the pros and cons of trying to offer music with your classes
These sessions will be recorded and the links to view will be make available if you cannot attend.
Still not sure if this training is right for you?
Please contact us with any questions or concerns.
- Prerequisite: 200-hour YTT certification from a Yoga Alliance registered Yoga School
- Payment plan: Contact us to request the option of 4 monthly payments
- 175-page Dynamic Gentle Yoga Teacher’s Manual is included as a pdf download
- 75 YA CEs available for an additional fee of $25